Riverside County Office of Education
Bridge To Intern Program - Center for Teacher Innovation

Bridge to Intern Program

What is Bridge to Intern Program?

The Bridge to Intern Program is designed for pre-interns in RCOE’s Education Specialist Intern Program who are not yet intern eligible and are offered employment to teach full time in their own classroom on a Provisional Internship Permit (PIP) or a Short Term Staff Permit (STSP). The RCOE Bridge to Intern Program assists candidates with completing remaining eligibility requirements to receive full acceptance to the Intern Program while also providing fieldwork support, CSET support and professional development training to positively impact success in the classroom while they are serving on a PIP or STSP.

How does the Bridge to Intern Program benefit individuals serving on PIPs and STSPs?

The Bridge to Intern Program benefits individuals by allowing them an extra year to complete remaining eligibility requirements for the RCOE Intern Program while still being able to teach full time on a PIP or STSP. In addition, candidates are provided CSET support, fieldwork support, and professional development training that can potentially be applied as equivalencies to the first year of the RCOE Intern Program, resulting in lighter credential coursework loads and reduced tuition once the candidate is teaching on an intern credential.

What professional development training will I receive in the Bridge Program?

Candidates in the Bridge Program complete five of the ten credential courses that are typically delivered during the first year of the RCOE Intern Program. These courses have been identified as critical to a beginning teacher’s success. Once candidates receive full acceptance to the RCOE Intern Program, he/she is able to apply for equivalency for courses completed during the Bridge year resulting in a lighter coursework load and less tuition during the first year of the internship. Please click here for the list of professional development courses candidates take during the Bridge year.

How do i apply?