How is funding applied?
Who is eligible for C3P2T?
C3P2T Participants Will Receive:
How do i apply?
Applicants will be required to provide employment and education/credential information.
Additional application requirements:
Frequently Asked Questions
Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE), in partnership with local colleges, universities, school districts, and charter schools, provides funding up to $3,200 per year for classified employees to further their education in the process of becoming a teacher. Funding is applied toward the cost of tuition for the completion of a bachelor’s degree and/or a teaching credential in the high needs areas of Special Education, Math or Science. Classified employees receive the funding in the form of a tuition payment directly to the university for which they are enrolled. In exchange, participants must then fulfill a promise to teach one year in the district/agency they are currently employed by, for every year of financial assistance received.
The State created programs, such as C3P2T, to establish innovative models for teacher preparation in response to teacher shortages and to improve teacher retention. The programs’ high retention rates are due in part to the fact that participants already have experience in educational settings. Therefore, program graduates have a demonstrated commitment to students and do not experience the culture shock that might be experienced by individuals with little or no classroom experience.t button to change this text.
- Employed as a classified employee by one of the school districts, charter school or county office who are part of the *C3P2T Consortium.
- Possession of an Associates or higher level degree, or completion of at least two years of study towards a BA degree at a post-secondary educational institution.
- Agrees to become a single subject math, science, or special education teacher.
- Complete Electronic Application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X22MG5Z
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit two (2) Letters of Recommendation that evidence potential for becoming a classroom teacher.
After completing the electronic application, submit your Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation directly to your Personnel Department.
- Tuition up to $3,200 per year. Participants enrolled will have tuition paid directly to the institution of choice. Enrollment verification is required for completion of payments. Participants must provide RCOE with transcripts (grades) at the end of each academic semester/quarter/term.
- RCOE test preparation courses for the CBEST, CSET, and RICA.
- Academic and non-academic support is available, including academic advisement at RCOE, at participating universities, tutoring, and cohort meetings that give participants the information and training necessary to make the leap from classified service to certificated service.
- The ongoing support of an individual program ‘Navigator’ who will serve as a mentor to support and advise throughout the completion of your teaching credential.
If you fail a course due to non-attendance and/or simple failure to complete course requirements, you are responsible for the cost to repeat the course. The program will not fund repeated courses due to failure to comply with course requirements.
Grades must be submitted at the end of each academic term. Participants must maintain the GPA required by their university to continue enrollment in the program. Failure to maintain the required GPA may result in suspension and/or dismissal from C3P2T.
You will be required to repay all costs expended on your behalf. C3P2T is required to report the names of all those who drop from the program to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) annually.
You may take an unpaid leave of absence to complete your student teaching. Documentation you’re your district and university is required before you begin student teaching.
C3P2T is required to report the names of all those who drop from the program to the CTC annually. You will be required to repay all costs expended on your behalf.
Once you receive your preliminary credential, you must notify the C3P2T. When confirmed, the program will send you an official completion letter with further instructions for completing required years of service. You must teach on a preliminary and/or clear credential one year in your current employing district for every school year of financial assistance received. If you do not receive employment in your current district, you may fulfill the obligation in another California Public School.
- Azusa Pacific University
- California Baptist University
- California State University, San Bernardino
- Brandman University
- Grand Canyon University
- La Sierra University
- University of California, Riverside
- University of Phoenix
- Western Governors University
Yes, as long as they apply directly to your bachelor’s degree or credential.